Our volunteer foster homes get to know their fostered animals well and understand their personalities—allowing us to make great matches between people and pets! Let us know about your family situation, current pets, and the type of pet you are looking for and we can guide you to animals that would be a great match. As we are using an abundance of caution to keep our volunteers and adopters safe, we are doing pre-arranged adoptions by appointment only or contactless adoptions for pre-approved adopters at this time. Because of COVID, only a handful of volunteers are currently processing adoptions during a time of far higher demand than usual. We thank you for your patience.
Apply for adoption
Please read about our adoption process below before applying! If this process doesn’t meet your needs, please do not apply.
- Online cat adoption application (strongly preferred)
- Cat adoption application (downloadable form-Word document)
- Cat adoption application (downloadable form-PDF document)
- Mini Schnauzer application (downloadable form)
Please note, completing an adoption application does not obligate you to adopt, but please only apply if you are serious about adopting now, are committed to providing a forever home, and are willing to work within our adoption process.
- BROWSE. Browse our adoptable animals online.
- APPLY. Complete an online adoption application. If you are interested in a specific cat/kitten, include it on your application. Otherwise, you can choose to submit an application as “undecided.”
- APP REVIEW. Our volunteers will generally be able to review your application within three to five business days. You will receive a call/email if we have any questions or to let you know you are approved. If you don’t hear from us, please check your spam folder. PLEASE be patient and understand we are processing far more applications than normal and we have far fewer volunteers able to help finalize adoptions due to COVID changes.
- MATCHMAKING. Our volunteer adoption coordinators will reach out to you. They will talk with you to learn more about your household and will recommend the right cat(s) for your home. This may not be the cat you applied for, but rest assured, our coordinators and fosters know our cats well and will help you pick the best match. We may also be able to facilitate a Zoom meeting or phone call with the foster. If you agree, the adoption moves forward! *Please note-you can not meet multiple cats prior to adoption. We will guide you to an appropriate choice and you will meet your cat(s) at the time of adoption*
- COMPLETE PAYMENT AND CONTRACT ONLINE. You will receive an email with a link to payment and a contract to complete. You can either print out at home, scan and email back, or we can send you the document via HelloSign if you don’t have access to a scanner.
- ADOPTION. Please closely follow the instructions given to you by the coordinator for your adoption. Some adoptions may remain contactless if requested by the adopter, foster or adoption coordinator. Again, you will not have a chance to meet the animal until the time of adoption. Please come to your appointment with the intention of adopting at that time. Please, always respect social distancing and masks are required at our Verona Adoption Center.
Cat and kitten adoption fees
Adopting a homeless pet is one of the best deals ever–even better than a “free kitten!” Why? Our adoption fees include: spay/neuter prior to adoption, testing for Feline Leukemia (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV), age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming, microchip for identification with lifetime registration, and flea/tick/earmite treatment as necessary. We recommend all adopted animals visit a vet within 14 days of adoption.
Kittens (up to six months):
Single Kitten $125
Pair of Kittens $200
Juveniles (six months up to ten months):
Single Juvenile: $100
Pair of Juveniles: $175
Adults (ten months and over):
One Adult: $75
Two Adults: $100