Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Angel’s Wish! As an all-volunteer organization, we always need plenty of help and we’d love to have your time and talents! Please review the opportunities to help and complete the application form below to let us know your interest(s). We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested in only fostering, please fill out the foster home inquiry form. A coordinator will contact you to see if fostering is a good fit, and if so, you can complete the volunteer application then!
Adult volunteer orientations are usually held the 3rd Sunday of the month at 10am. If those times do not work out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can make other accommodations.
Potential volunteers must complete the adult volunteer application prior to orientation.
- Volunteers must have an valid email address. Our volunteer scheduling and volunteer communication all takes place electronically.
- Most volunteer roles require volunteers to stand and/or walk for the duration of their shift; lift and carry items or animals of varying weights; reach, bend and lift; possess vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision and depth perception; and speak to visitors and other volunteers.
- Volunteers must agree to the volunteer code of conduct and all Angel’s Wish protocols for the safety of our animals.
Top 10 Adult Volunteer Needs
- Feline foster homes-provide the daily care for a homeless cat(s), take to veterinary visits, and bring to adoption locations to meet potential adopters. We pay for medicals and food. Click here to learn more about fostering.
- Adoption center volunteer-work at our Verona Center on weekends to keep cats and kittens happy and healthy during their stay including important cleaning and help connect families with a new pet. Saturday shifts are 9:30am to 12pm, 12:00pm to 3:00pm, and 3:00pm to 4:45pm. Sunday shifts are 12:30pm to 2:30pm and 2:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Customer service volunteer-for pros at multi-tasking! Welcome weekend visitors to our Adoption Center, help retail customers, cashier, process adoptions, and answer phone calls.
- Saturday morning cashier-help us during our busiest shift of the week with processing adoptions and checking out customers. 9:30am to 12:45pm, one day a month minimum commitment.
- Microchipper-microchip animals one Saturday a month for pet parents in the community to help their pet get home safely should they become lost or stolen.
- Veterinary care provider-one Saturday a month, provide routine vaccinations, check for parasites, microchip, and more! Veterinarians, vet techs, human medical providers, or people willing to learn welcomed!
- Retail committee member-work as part of a team to redesign our retail area, order product, and provide overall direction for our retail store. All proceeds go to our mission.
- Workshop coordinator-help us plan workshops for our volunteers and the general public on animal related topics. Identify topics, find presenters, handle registration and coordinate the day of workshop.
- Donations processor-help us process and deposit donations and thank donors in a timely manner. Bi-weekly, six-month commitment.
- Public relations coordinator-help us raise awareness of Angel’s Wish by submitting events to community calendars, writing and sending press releases, and other activities.