Our volunteer foster homes get to know their fostered animals well and understand their personalities—allowing us to make great matches between people and pets! Let us know about your family situation, current pets, and the type of pet you are looking for and we can guide you to animals that would be a great match.
Apply for adoption
Online cat adoption application (preferred)
Cat adoption application (downloadable form-Word document)
Cat adoption application (downloadable form-PDF document)
Mini Schnauzer application (downloadable form)
Please note, completing an adoption application does not obligate you to adopt. You are welcome to visit our animals without an application on file, but if you find a cat/kitten you want, you may be bumped by a pre-approved adopter while your application is being processed. We are unable to hold animals without an approved application.
- BROWSE. Browse our adoptable animals online or in person at our adoption events and condos in the community.
- APPLY. Complete an online adoption application. If you are interested in a specific cat/kitten, include it on your application. Otherwise, you can choose to submit an application as “undecided.”
- APP REVIEW. Our volunteers will review your application within three to five business days. You will receive a call/email if we have any questions or to let you know you are approved. If you don’t hear from us, please check your spam folder.
- FIND YOUR FRIEND. Once approved, you can do a same day adoption if the cat/kitten you choose is ready to go home during our open hours. If you chose undecided, we’ll introduce you to our available animals and our volunteers will work with you to find a good match for your situation.
- SHOP. Cats/kittens going home from our Verona Adoption Center use the same food, litter, scratching post and other supplies as we sell in our retail store. For an easy transition, we recommend using familiar products. Our prices are highly competitive and all proceeds go to help our homeless pets.
- COMPLETE PAPERWORK. It takes our volunteers about ten minutes to prepare our adoption contract, register the microchip, and make copies of all medical paperwork to send home with you.
- HEAD HOME. All animals must leave secured in a carrier.
Cat and kitten adoption fees
Adopting a homeless pet is one of the best deals ever–even better than a “free kitten!” Why? Our adoption fees include: spay/neuter prior to adoption, testing for Feline Leukemia (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV), age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming, microchip for identification, flea/tick/earmite treatment as necessary, and other medical care needed. We recommend all adopted animals visit a vet within 10 days of adoption.
- One kitten (9 months and under) $100
- Two kittens (9 months and under) $200
- One adult (10 months and up) $75
- Two adults (10 months and up) $100
Thank you to our partner vet clinics that help us get our animals ready for adoption!